Signs along the beaten path...

All work published here, whether my own or someone else's is subject to copyright laws and will be rabidly protected through litigation!



Do not trespass against thy neighbors (you may however stroll on the grass to feel it between your toes)!



If you have questions....ask! {there are no stupid questions}

Monday, October 20, 2008

My "ordinary joe" hero....Matt



Ode to Angels Two
Gerald E. White
20Oct2008

Have I ever seen an honest true angel before?
Might they each have two wings or maybe more?
Do they have a glowing halo around their head?
Do they really rush in where fools fear to tread?
Do they walk with us on this earthly Eden?
Are they here as I type, silently reading?
Do they hear our prayers and cries in the dark of night?
Do they carry our burdens with all their God granted might?
Do they still look as we remember them then?
Will they seem as strangers or long lost friend?
When we finally get called to Our Fathers home,
will we get to see them in heaven as we roam?
Can they still feel our hearts' fond undying love?
Are they known to dwell both here and above?
Who knows whether these answers are yes and or no.
Until I reach the Pearly Gates I surely will not know.
But until the day when I find my coffin I am in,
I say there are two angels here, and one is Madeline!
And the other, hovering just out of reach, is
Matt and Maddy's missing love, and her name is Liz.

I was just over here, and again I was just left amazed at how a "normal joe" can endure the loss he has while still managing the stress and chores he has on his plate. Whenever I am feeling a little overwhelmed, I go back to his site and see how Matt is doing, say a prayer for them and write to my kids in my journal. If I could go back to the day I was married, I would strive to be more like the kind of man, father and husband Matt is. Fuck and double fuck (you gotta read his posts to understand, sorry if I offend, but sometimes it is the only word that sums it all up)!!

4 comments:

Diane said...

Oh, this made me sad :(

jenn said...

Yeah, I've read his blog before. Pretty rough.

KatBouska said...

I love Matt. You're so right too, he's just a normal cool guy. I don't know how he does it.

Inspiring without even trying.



ps yep, hubby is Hawaiian/Philippino.

Melissa said...

Wow, his story is so touching...heartbreaking!! And here I am complaining about being "overwhelmed"... I feel like an a--!!